Now CHAIR of MEMBERSHIP for Women in Film, Dallas!
Abbey is an actress and singer/songwriter, active in the Film/TV, Music, & Theatre industry since 2006. She loves dogs, collecting cool rocks, and inviting people into her work. She is tenacious, curious, spontaneous, and easy to collaborate with. She loves making new discoveries in her work, keeping the audience at the edge of their seats. She is a keen study, reaching beyond the screen to make an impact.
Abbey's favorite hobby is playing disc golf with friends and family. She loves having a target in mind during a scenic hike, getting exercise and enjoying good company. She likes to compete against herself to improve her score. She jokes she's a "disc-golf professional" now, because she got paid to disc-golf for a commercial! There are over a hundred disc golf courses in Texas, her favorites include BB Owens, Audubon, and Harry Myers.
For her occupation outside of acting, Abbey works with her older brother (Jordan) to assist a 4K video production company. There, she helps to grow businesses virtually across DFW. If clients are camera-shy, they can count on Abbey. She has also successfully written many video scripts. She enjoys translating complex information into a creative form audiences can easily remember. She's filled many shoes in production (voice-over, director, holding an occasional boom-mic), which gives her a unique respect for everyone involved in production. Each day is different and exciting!
- Abbey loves shortbread cookies (Chessmen) with coffee every morning before starting work
- She listens to space podcasts in the evening to help her fall asleep
- People call her "dude!" when it comes to: gaming, fishing, four-wheeling, getting her hands dirty, football season, you name it - she is in!
- She loves jellyfish and elephants equally
- Puns of Abbey's last name "Killin" were very common growing up. The best one she's heard was: "if you replace the "A" in Abbey with an "I" your name would sound: "I be Killin"
- She also has a dog named...."Abby".... Ask her about it!